In today's service we are challenging you to use a loaf of bread to listen to someone, eat with someone, or serve someone.
Here are some ideas to help you use your loaf of bread or creatively come up with your own way to engage in building a relationship with someone.
Share your story of how you used your bread.
Invite people over for sandwiches or a meal or take a co-worker lunch at work and eat with them.
- Make grilled cheese sandwiches
- Make peanut butter and jelly sandwiches (consider allergies)
- “Unleash the power of toast”—B.L.T's can make a great food to share.
- Make croutons for a salad.
- Make bread pudding
- Use a rolling pin to flatten the bread (remove the crust) and use it as a pastry skin with delicious fillings
Use it to listen.
- Invite a family to feed the birds
- Take neighborhood kids down to the neighborhood pond to feed the fish.
- Make sandwiches for a family who recently had surgery or a new baby.
- Challenge friends and neighbors to give away a loaf
- Set up a table to give out sandwiches