Westside supports the Shelter of Hope, a homeless shelter located in Leavenworth. Join Westside in supporting homeless men, women, and children by volunteering or donating needed resources. If you want to volunteer, please send David an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We will have bins in the back of the Community Room, next to the Connection Center to put items in. Please bring the items on November 20th & 27th and December 4th & 11th.
Daily Use Items:
- Liquid Laundry Soap or Pods
- Dryer Sheets
- Paper towels
- Toilet paper
- Tall Kitchen Trash bags
- 30 gallon trash bags
- Hand Sanitizer – refill size
- Liquid soap – refill size
- Day pass punch cards to Riverfront Community Center – for showers for shelter guests
Food Items: We do not have a kitchen, only a microwave for use.
- All food items must be individually wrapped, single size portion.
- Granola bars / Protein bars /Fruit filled cereal bars
- Peanut butter or cheese snack crackers
- Cup-o-noodles in Styrofoam cup
- Individually packaged fruit cups or applesauce
- Beef jerky (Slim Jims)/Foil packs of tuna
- Hormel Heat and Eat Individually packaged meals/ Chef Boyardee
- Juice boxes, shelf milk
- Sugar/ Creamer
- Oatmeal individually packaged, single serve portions
- Coffee – decaf and regular