Series Big Idea: God has blessed me so I can bless people where I live, work, and play.
Teaching Big Idea: Eating and drinking with others is a powerful expression of welcome and acceptance.
Begin in prayer: Begin in prayer for each other.
Talk It Over:
Ice Breaker: What are your favorite places to eat? Favorite foods? When did you last eat with someone outside your family?
“I will bless you…and you will be a blessing…and all peoples on earth will be blessed through you.” Genesis 12:2-3
- Have you experienced the blessing of being invited to eat with others?
- What have you seen among people who don’t know each other well eating together?
Statement: Sharing a meal is an act of grace:
- Why is sharing a meal an act of grace?
- How could you share a meal this week?
- Who would you share it with?
Start personally and start in your home. I dare you. I dare you in the name of Jesus Christ. … Begin by opening your home for community … You don’t need a big program. … All you have to do is open your home and begin.
- Could you open your home?
- What is your next step?
Conclude in Prayer: Pray for courage to share a meal this week.