Series Big Idea
One Question That Changes Everything. What is the wise thing to do?
Teaching Big Idea
I am wise when generosity is my priority.
BEGIN IN PRAYER
Begin this session in prayer. Consider asking for humility in the face of God’s teachings. Pray for wisdom.
TALK IT OVER
- How did you learn to manage money?
- Are you a saver or a spender?
- What influences your spending decisions?
- Does money occupy much or little of your thinking?
Consider this statement: Culture’s influence on how we spend our money creates unnecessary pressure which causes us to be unhappy.
- Do you feel pressure to have more things?
- How do you handle the temptation to spend more than you make?
- Does spending or saving make you happy?
Give, and it will be given to you. A good measure, pressed down, shaken together, and running over, will be poured into your lap. For with the measure you use, it will be measured to you. Luke 6:38 (NIV)
Observation & Interpretation
Read and discuss:
- Can you remember the first time you gave money to someone or something?
- Discuss how you feel when you are generous.
- What is the most generous thing you ever been given.
- How easy is it to trust God with this?
Discuss how the way you handle money adds to God’s glory.
Pray for courage to come in step with God’s wisdom.