Series Big Idea
One Question That Changes Everytthing. What is the wise thing to do?
Teaching Big Idea
One Question That Changes Everything: What is the wise thing to do?
BEGIN IN PRAYER
Begin this session in prayer. Consider asking for humility in the face of God’s teachings. Pray for wisdom.
TALK IT OVER
- Who are some wise people in your life?
- What makes them wise?
Ephesians 5:15-17 (NIV)
Be very careful, then, how you live - not as unwise but as wise, making the most of every opportunity, because the days are evil. Therefore do not be foolish, but understand what the Lord’s will is.
Observation & Interpretation
- Read vs.15 -16. In light of this statement:
- What does the writer mean by “Be very careful, then, how you live”?
- Why would this be important to him? To You?
- What might “the days are evil” refer to?
- Discuss the following questions:
- Is there anything wrong with it?
- How far can I go before it’s wrong?
- How long can I go before there are harmful consequences?
- Where do these questions lead?
- Discuss the GRID:
- In light of my past experiences, what is the wise thing to do?
- In light of current situation, what is the wise thing to do?
- In light of my future hopes and dreams, what is the wise thing to do?
- How do the above questions differ?
Pray together as a group. Ask for wisdom.
Resource: Ask It by Andy Stanley